Gwinear's Celtic crosses.

 9th-10th Century Celtic Crosses:

 In 1954 this section of a wheel-headed cross was found built into the Vicarage wall.

   This wheelheaded wayside cross stood at the junction of the lane

   which links Lanyon Manor to School Lane       

  The Polmenor Cross

 This 10th century wheel headed cross was

   discovered in 1936 face down at Polmenor

   Farm, and brought to the churchyard in 1988 

  by members of  Gwinear Footpaths and Bridleways

                                                                                                      Association.                                                                   

The Lanherne Cross: 

In the 19th century,  this wonderful 9th century cross with

curvilinear designs carved on soft Pentewan stone, was

removed from Arundell land near St Gwinear's well at

Roseworthy.  For safekeeping it was placed in the grounds

at Lanherne Convent at St. Mawgan in Pydar,

again on Arundell land.

There is public access by a small, signposted footpath

across the road from the Falcon Inn.