1201 King John grants a Charter to the Stannary Courts
1249 Carnhell Farm
1261 Gwinear Church, first priest in charge.
1290 Polkinghorne family traced to this date.
The granite pillars with Angel Capitals formed the aisle of the
13th century church.
On a capital near the organ
is St Gwinear's stag.
This little piscina, set into the wall
near the alta in the original aisle
comes from this period.
From the piscina water which had been sanctified could be poured direct
into the earth below.