1502. 'Le Gracyas on Relystan Down' listed as an ancient tin site.
1521 Wolsey's inquisition values the parish at £12
1536-38 Confiscation of monastery lands
1560 Gwinear parish register starts.
1569 Gwinear muster roll lists 55 men aged between 16 and 60
Parish population approx.428
1575/6 Roseworthy Manor sold to Sir John Arundell by the Earl of Oxford.
1580. Edward Lanyon moved to Gwinear and lived in the Barton of Coswin,
renaming it Lanyon House.